This internet is a pretty amazing place. Here are a few things I found today.
I miss those super videos games of my youth. They sure don't make the graphics like they used to. The Internet Archive is a great source for all things digital. They have a page where some of these old games can be played right on your laptop. Give it a try and bring back those fun memories. (My kids felt sorry for me when they saw these games.)
Here is an infographic that I found about devices in a BYOD classroom. Might not be as powerful as the ET game but it is still pretty cool.
The worst part of any library is that they close. I am sure you are super pumped up about checking out that new book only to find the library has closed for the night. In need of a solution to this perplexing issue? No fear the eLibrary is here!
The Lindbergh eLibrary provides instant access to many titles day or night. This post will show you how to check books in and out of our virtual library.
Items you need to get started:
1. 10 digit state ID (teachers - contact the technology department for your access code)
2. an internet connection
3. an Adobe Digital Editions account (free)
4. Overdrive - computer, iOS or Android App(free)
Click the links below to learn more about your specific device.
MANAGING YOUR DRIVE:
- Search functions within the Drive. When you are in Drive, use the search bar and click on the DOWN arrow (see image) to filter your resources.
CREATE A FOLDER:
- When you are in your Drive, make sure that you click on create, then Folder, then title the folder. The folder will appear in the left-hand column, under My Drive. If you can't see it, click the light gray arrow directly next to My Drive to show your folders.
- Be careful when you move documents around-- if you get a warning that 'no one will be able to see it', don't move it! Instead, in the document go to File and Make a Copy. Then, you will have a "Copy of..."
How to project your iPad
(This post is assuming your iPad has been updated to iOS 7) On your laptopType AirServerClick on AirServer
Note: AirServer may already be running on your laptop. This initial step should have to be done only once. You will set this program to automatically run in a following step.
Return to your desktop (Hint: you can hit the Windows key + D to quickly return to the desktop.)Click the small up arrow in the lower right corner of your screen. This will reveal the hidden icons.Right click on the AirServer icon then click Settings.
Check for updates... you need to be running version 188.8.131.52 or above.Make sure Start AirServer when anyone logs into Windows is checked. This will automatically launch the software when you log into the computer.
On your iPadUse one finger to swipe up to reveal the taskbar.Click AirPlay
Find your name on the list and click on it.
Note: There tends to be 15-20+ teachers on this list.
Toggle mirroring on.